The City of Rochester prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital or family status.
The City of Rochester is an equal opportunity employer.
Human Resources has primary responsibility for:
- The development, administration and updating of personnel policies and procedures to ensure that they are provided in accordance with City policies and contractual agreements.
- Providing direct support to employees in the administration of the City's Flexible Benefits Plan and existing benefit policies and analyzing and recommending changes to management.
- Maintaining employment records and personnel files.
- Maintaining and administering the City's pay and classification system.
- Working to train employees to provide exemplary internal and external customer service skills.
- Developing and organizing various employee recognition programs.
- Preparing and administering the City's payroll system including required tax reports for municipal and school employees in accordance with local, state and federal policies and regulations.