City Clerk's Office Hours of Operation:
- Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Make a plan to Vote on Election Day
Voting is an important civic duty and the Rochester City Clerk wants to help make your voice heard. The City Clerk's Office has created an online guide to help anyone new to Rochester and first-time voters. The purpose of the guide is to assist anyone looking to participate in upcoming elections. Click here to see the guide.
- May 31, 2022: Last Day to change your party affiliation
- June 1, 2022 - June 10, 2022: Filing Period for the State Primary Election
- September 13, 2022: State Primary Election
- November 8, 2022: State General Election
PLEASE NOTE: Sample Ballots Shall be available upon the closing of the Filing Period.
Absentee Ballot Information: Any qualified applicant may request an Absentee Ballot from the City Clerk’s Office.
- Absentee Ballot Request Forms Available: Click here. (Includes directions for returning the form.)
- Requesting an Absentee Ballot for COVID-19 concerns, please fill the "disability" check box.
- Voter Information Lookup: Absentee Ballot Search - Party Affiliation
Polling Location/Times/Processing of Absentee Ballots:
- WARD 1: East Rochester Elementary School - 773 Portland Street, East Rochester
- WARD 2: Chamberlain Street School - 65 Chamberlain Street School, Rochester, NH
- WARD 3: Gonic Elementary School - 10 Railroad Avenue, Rochester
- WARD 4: McClelland Elementary School - 59 Brock Street, Rochester
- WARD 5: James W. Foley Memorial Community Center Entrance B - 150 Wakefield Street/Community Way, Rochester
- WARD 6: Elks Lodge #1393 - 295 Columbus Avenue, Rochester
- In accordance with RSA 659:4, and Section 47 of the City Charter – All polling places shall be open from 8:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M., on said Election Day.
- All Polling Locations in the City of Rochester shall begin processing Absentee Ballots at 9:00 AM.
- For more information please visit the Secretary of State's Office Website: Click Here
COVID-19 Voting Process & Procedures:
- Voters are strongly encouraged to follow the latest CDC guidelines.
- 2021 Municipal Election
- 2020 State General and Presidential Election
- 2020 Presidential Primary
- 2019 Municipal Election
- 2016 State Primary Election
- 2016 Presidential Primary
- 2015 Municipal Election
- 2014 State General Election
- 2014 State Primary Election
- 2013 Municipal Election
- 2012 State Primary Election
- 2012 General Election
- 2012 General Election Results
- 2011 Municipal Election Results
September 11, 2018 Primary Election Voter Returns
|2017 Municipal Eleciton - Citywide Voter Turnout||281.64 KB|
|2017 Municipal Election - Final Vote Returns - Wards 1 - 6||1.01 MB|
|Democratic Sample Ballots - Presidential Election (Wards 1 - 6)||910.68 KB|
|Republican Sample Ballots - Presidential Election (Wards 1 - 6)||782.49 KB|
|City of Rochester - Filing Period||103.79 KB|
|Supervisor of the Checklist Session||193.34 KB|
|City Chat - Powerpoint/Slides||1.51 MB|
|Delegate to the Republican State Convention||316.23 KB|
|Status Update - Representatives||558.3 KB|
|Democratic 1 - 6||897.83 KB|
|Repbulican 1 -6||889.26 KB|
|Sample Ballot for the November 3, 2020 General Election||1.09 MB|