Skip Navigation
Photo of Rochester The City of Rochester, New Hampshire
Rochester City Seal
This table is used for column layout.
City Manager
Contact TypeContact Information
City Manager
Executive Assistant
City Hall
31 Wakefield Street
Rochester, NH 03867
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, M-F
Additional Links:
Link to PageLink to PageLink to Page

Is a map of Rochester on-line?
We have included copies of Rochester zoning maps and a map of the city showing voting ward boundaries and voting locations on this WEB site.  To look at the maps you will need to have Adobe software on your computer, which is available for free on the internet.  Please note that the map files are large and may take a fairly long time to download.  Once you have downloaded them, you can enlarge them by clicking on the "+" button.  You will need to enlarge it several times in order to be able to read the street names.  Voting locations are shown by a large star on the map and the addresses are shown on the legend in the lower right corner of the map.  

To download the voting ward map click here.  
To download the zoning map for the entire city, click here.

What should I do if I see someone dumping trash along the road?
Illegally dumping trash is dangerous, unsightly and costly to pick up.  If you see someone dumping trash in Rochester, please do us all a favor and call 330-7127 to report it.  Thank You!!!

Can I reach the Cable Company through this office?
No.  The MetroCast's telephone number is 332-5466

How do I get in touch with the Mayor?
The telephone number for the Mayor is 335-3431.  Click here to send an E-Mail.

How do I get in touch with my City Councilor?
Please click here for a list of all City Councilors, the Ward they represent, their addresses, phone numbers, and their E-Mail.

How do I get a stop sign/speed limit sign or street light placed on my road?
A letter must be written and sent to the City Manager at Rochester City Hall, 31 Wakefield Street, Rochester, NH 03867.   The request is first referred to the Public Safety Committee.  The request is then brought before the Council for recommendation and vote.

When does the Veteran's Representative come to Rochester?
The NH Veteran's Council Representative has office hours in Rochester on the first four Friday's of the month from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon in the Council Chambers in City Hall.

Where do I get a Recycling Bin?
From the Department of Public Works, 45 Old Dover Road, Rochester, NH 03867.  There is a $5.00 fee to cover the cost of the bin.

What is the population of Rochester?
The population is approximately 30,000.  Rochester is the second largest city in the Seacoast!

Who are my State Legislators and how do I reach them?
Click here for a listing of State representatives and the Senator representing Rochester.

Where do I get Event Permits, Tag Permits, and Banner Permits?
You can come into the City Manager's Office to fill out an application or you may download it here.  Processing the applications takes approximately one week.  You will then be called (or emailed) to come in to pick up the permit.

How can I get the Police Department to monitor a street for speeders?
Contact the Rochester Police Department at 330-7121 and request that they monitor the street for speeders.

The City of Rochester prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital or family status.
The City of Rochester is an equal opportunity employer.

City of Rochester  31 Wakefield Street, Rochester, NH 03867     PH: (603) 335-7500
Virtual Towns & Schools Website