Skip Navigation
Photo of Rochester The City of Rochester, New Hampshire
Rochester City Seal
This table is used for column layout.
Tax Collector/Auto Registration
Contact TypeContact Information
Revenue Building
19 Wakefield Street
Rochester, NH 03867
8 AM to 5 PM, M-F
It is the mission of the Tax Collector's Office to collect all funds due the City of Rochester while serving customers in a professional and courteous manner.  The Tax Collector's Office collects all funds due the City of Rochester through property taxes, water and sewer user charges, automobile registration fees, and other revenue from all City departments.



This is for renewals ONLY.
If you need new plates or transfers, you will still need to go into the
Tax Collector's office.

Click here to get started.   Then follow the simple instructions.

The turn around time for the e-reg process is approximately 2 business days and is for renewal registrations only.  Please note that this service accepts electronic checks only.  Anyone with a regular checkbook or checking account can use this system as an electronic check.  Credit or debit cards are not accepted at this time.

Customers registering a vehicle for the first time or changing plates will still need to visit the City Tax Collector’s office in person.  If there are any questions or problems with this new service, please call the Tax Collectors office at 332-1136.

Please note there is an added cost for this service of $ 3.00 per registration.


Where is the Tax Office located?
We are next door to City Hall in the Revenue Building at 19 Wakefield Street.

Do you take credit cards or debit cards?
No.  At this time we only accept cash or checks.

Where do I pay my water and sewer bills?
In the Revenue Building at 19 Wakefield Street.

What is the current tax rate?
Total tax rate is $26.36 for the tax year 2013.

State School Rate
Local School Rate
County Tax
City Tax

When are property taxes due in Rochester?
The first bill is due in July.
The second bill is due in December.

When does the tax year start?
Our tax year is April 1 through March 31.

Where do I go to get a dog license?
The city clerk's office in City Hall issues dog licenses.

Can I get a cost to register a vehicle over the phone?
We can tell you the cost for renewal if the vehicle was registered here last year.
For first time registrations, or when transferring plates, we are not able to provide information over the phone.
Please bring in you paperwork and we can provide an estimate at the counter.

How do I get a replacement if I lose my registration?
You can obtain a replacement registration at the State Motor Vehicle Office at a cost of $15.00 or at the Tax Collector's office in the Revenue Building for $18.00.

Can I get "moose plates" and "vanity plates" at this office?
Yes, but the permanent vanity plate will still be sent to you from the State.

Can I get temporary plates at this office?
No. You need to go to a state DMV office. The closest offices being Dover Point (Exit 6) or the Epping office on Rte 125.  The hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8:15 am to 4:15 pm.

When and where can I get my driver's license renewed?
Any DMV state office. The closest offices being Dover Point (Exit 6) or the Epping office on Rte 125.
The hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8:15 am to 4:15 pm.

What are the hours of the State Motor Vehicle offices?
8:15 AM to 4:15 PM, M-F

What are some phone numbers that I might need?
Call 332-1136 for questions about Rochester property taxes.
Call 335-7511 for questions about Rochester automobile registration.
Call 271-2372 for questions about your driver's license.
Call 271-2251 for questions about 20 day plates, lost plates, or replacement plates.

City of Rochester  31 Wakefield Street, Rochester, NH 03867     PH: (603) 335-7500
Virtual Towns & Schools Website